Athletic, Recreation, Performing Arts
The Mask and Wig Club was founded in 1889 as a student theatrical club. The present building was transformed by architect Wilson Eyre and decorator Maxfield Parrish in 1894 into a clubhouse and theatre. Keast & Hood Co. provided structural engineering for the historic timber and brick building’s renovation, including replacement of first floor framing while holding historic walls in place, underpinning foundation walls, modifications for new HVAC, and supports for a new theatrical lighting ceiling grid. The project earned a 2010 Grand Jury Preservation Achievement Award from the Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia.