Government, Healthcare, Research
The project created a unified Federal complex from the 1937 Federal Building, the 1897 Erie County Library, and a 1946 retail building, including rehabilitation, adaptive reuse, and new construction. A new, skylit, glass-walled entry and connector building link the existing courthouse and historic library. The library was rehabilitated and modified for use as a Bankruptcy Court facility, with structural work including design of a mid-height judges library. Keast & Hood also performed the initial surveys to review existing structure and capacity prior to the start of the project.