The Strawbridge & Clothier structure is comprised of a 13-story limestone and granite building constructed in 1928 and a six-story limestone, brick, and terra cotta building built in 1907. Keast & Hood Co. provided structural engineering for the property’s redevelopment. The majority of the work involved removing a mezzanine in the 1928 building and infilling escalators in the 1907 structure. Complicated engineering ensured elevators remained running while floor supports were removed. In addition, doorways were cut in bearing walls separating the two building sections, and penetrations were made for new ductwork and building systems. Facades of both buildings were evaluated and repaired, including replacement of severely rusted spandrel beams. The project earned a 2010 Grand Jury Preservation Achievement Award from the Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia.